When it comes to auditioning for musical theater roles for kids, it’s important to select songs that are age-appropriate and showcase their talents and potential. Here are ten popular audition songs from musicals that are often recommended for young performers:
- “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Misérables
- “Tomorrow” from Annie
- “Naughty” from Matilda the Musical
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” from The Lion King
- “Revolting Children” from Matilda the Musical
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” from Mary Poppins
- “Consider Yourself” from Oliver!
- “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid
- “Getting to Know You” from The King and I
- “When I Grow Up” from Matilda the Musical
These songs offer opportunities for young performers to showcase their vocal range, acting abilities, and stage presence. Remember to choose a song that your child connects with and can perform confidently. Additionally, consider the specific requirements of the audition and the character they are auditioning for.